When you had first installed WordPress, you will need to set a username. The username you had used then will be shown in all your blog posts and WordPress themes. The username of your WordPress website cannot be changed. But you can definitely change the name displayed publicly in all your WordPress posts as post author or site admin. In this article, we will show you how you can add or change your full name in WordPress.
Why add or change your full name in WordPress?
- When your username is being displayed in your public posts. it will make it easier for hackers to get into your site because when they already have your username, half of their work is done.
- If you display your full name in public posts, your representation as a real person will also make your posts more credible.
- Choosing a real name instead of a username also helps improve your SEO, helps Google easily track down your content and give credit to the rightful owner of the content.
How to add or change your full name in WordPress?
1. Go to Dashboard>Users>Your Profile.
2. Once you have filled in all the fields, go to “Display name publicly as” which is a drop-down menu and select the name which you want publicly displayed.
3. Done selecting the name of your preference? Click on the update profile button so that your settings get saved.
4. Now the name you have chosen will be displayed as shown in the screenshots below.
5. The name you have chosen will be presented in the posts as shown in the screenshot below.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope this was helpful to you all. If you have any suggestions or problems related to adding or changing your full name in WordPress, please let us know via the comment section below.
At WPAll, our primary motive is to help you learn all about WordPress in the simplest and easiest way possible. That is why we design our tutorials in a way that the technicalities are not avoided, but yet the simplicity is maintained so that everyone can learn WordPress easily. If you like this article, please check like us on Facebook, Twitter and do subscribe to our YouTube channel.