If you have a WordPress site, then there might be many posts on your site depending upon the type of site. The site that keeps on writing many blogs comparatively has many posts whereas others have somehow less in number. We need to bulk delete WordPress posts. Here, it means deleting numbers of posts at a time.
When it comes to the improvement of your site, you would definitely want to delete some unorganized and unprofessional posts from your site which is okay. When you are a beginner to WordPress you post in your site to learn and start from a relevant topic which later might not be useful for your site. Deleting it one by one can be a difficult and time-consuming work to do. Hence, we will learn to bulk delete WordPress posts.
Why bulk delete WordPress posts from your WordPress site?
It can be necessary to bulk delete WordPress posts as deleting a large number of posts at a time can be a difficult work to do. You can save your time deleting it at once. Unnecessary posts on your website affect your traffic and visitors too. Within the time to delete your posts, you can write something interesting to learn by deleting in bulk. It is easier and more comfortable to do it so.
There are two main ways of doing so:
- Bulk Delete post without using Plugin
- Using Plugin
Since we are a beginner to WordPress learning, let’s make it more easy doing it. Using many plugins can be confusing for you so let us do it directly from WordPress without using Plugin. It can be easier for you to delete the post in bulk even when there is no plugin.
Bulk Deleting WordPress posts
- Log In to your site or Click on Dashboard
- Click on Posts>>All Posts
Once you Click on All Posts, you can see the below page in your WordPress posts
- Select the posts you want to delete
- Click on the Option of Bulk Actions
- There you can see Move to Trash, Click on it
- Click on Apply
Now all your selected WordPress posts are moved into Trash. Using this method you can select 20 posts at a time. But what if you want to delete hundreds of posts?
- In the same page, you can see Screen Option at the top right of your page, Click in it
- Choose the number of posts you want to delete
- Click on Apply
Now all the selected your posts from your site gets deleted.
As the unnecessary posts in your WordPress site create negative impacts of your site towards the visitors and traffic. So, deleting the unnecessary posts can be a better option for you to improve your site. Understanding the importance of it you have learned to delete bulk WordPress posts from your site. The tutorial above taught you to do the same. It is an easier way for you. If you have any confusion then Please leave in the comment box below.
Also, Check out:
- Redirect links in WordPress
- Create SEO Friendly images in WordPress
- Upload custom logo on your WordPress Site
- Add tags and categories in your WordPress
- Showcase your clients/sponsors/partner logo in WordPress website using Smart Logo Showcase lite
- Integrate Twitter feeds on your WordPress site