There are two ways to which you can add users to your website or blog :
- Open your Site for User Registration
- Manually Add Users
Method 1 Open your Site for User Registration
1. In your WordPress Admin Area, go to Settings>General.
2. In the ‘Membership’ section, check on “Anyone can register”.
3. In the ‘New User Default’ Role section choose a role(Administrator, Subscriber, Editor, User, Contributor).
Method 2 Manually Add Users
1. Go to Users>Add New.
2.Fill the form that appears, as shown in the screenshot below.
3. In the “Role” Option, you can assign the following roles to your new user :
Administrator: An Administrator has the complete authority to do anything in your blog. The person with this role can add, edit, delete, change, install literally anything on your blog. Thereby, you should assign this role only to those people who can be trusted with the resources of your blog.
Editor: An editor is a user role that allows the user to add, delete, edit, publish the posts of their own as well as of others. Their authority is limited to only posts and cannot access anything beyond.
Author: Authors can add, edit, and publish their own posts.
Contributor: Contributors can add and edit posts but cannot publish them.
Subscriber: Subscribers cannot contribute anything to your site, all they can do is –
- view your site
- submit comments, and
- download content from your site.
4. Once you have selected the role you want to assign to the new user, click on “Add New User” and you are good to go.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope this was helpful to you all. If you have any suggestions or problems related to this article, please let us know via the comment section below.
At WPAll, our primary motive is to help you learn all about WordPress in the simplest and easiest way possible. That is why we design our tutorials in a way that the technicalities are not avoided, but yet the simplicity is maintained so that everyone can learn WordPress easily. If you like this article, please check like us on Facebook, Twitter and do subscribe to our YouTube channel.